Timothy J. Galvin
Owner and Founder of Galvin Financial, LLC
Tim began his career in the financial services industry in 1985, where he counseled both individuals and corporations in a variety of roles. He then started his practice in 1993, focusing on business and personal retirement planning for pre-retirees and retirees.
Tim has been awarded the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) designation from Fiduciary360 (fi360). This designation signifies knowledge of fiduciary responsibility and the ability to implement policies and procedures that meet a defined standard of care for managing client money in a fiduciary capacity.
Tim also holds other industry designations:
- General Securities Registered Representative (FINRA Series 7 securities registration)
- General Securities Principal (FINRA Series 24 securities registration)
- Uniform Securities Agent State Law (FINRA Series 63 securities registration)
- NASAA Uniform Combined State Law (FINRA Series 66 securities registration)
- Investment Adviser Representative
- Life, Health & Variable Life Insurance License
- LTC Partnership Certification
- CLTC Certification for Long-Term Care
Tim lives in Cheshire where he is actively involved in the Castle Heights Community Association. He has been a member of the Wolcott Chamber of Commerce for over 15 years. Tim enjoys pool, biking, kayaking, hiking, viewing sports, reading, traveling and spending time with his family, including his four grandchildren.
Stephanie started at Galvin Financial, LLC, in March 2007 as the office administrator. She previously was a teller supervisor for TD Banknorth. Stephanie attended Naugatuck Valley Community College and obtained an associate's degree in liberal arts and science. In September 2008, Stephanie passed the FINRA Series 7 securities registration general representative exam.
Stephanie is responsible for the efficient operation of all office activities at Galvin Financial, LLC. She handles initial and ongoing client servicing and is the friendly voice answering our phones.
Stephanie lives in Waterbury with her husband Rich, son Samuel and daughter Victoria. She is the Co-President of the Home & School Association at the Catholic Academy of Waterbury and is actively involved with the Boy Scouts of America.